Question: What is the best way to dry your car?

We get this question a lot from customers. So we thought we would share this common answer.
I have a new car and don't want to scratch it. I heard that drying the car is the most common ways to scratch my paint (black!!!!). What's the best way to dry my car and keep it scratch free? Should I use microfiber towels?
You are correct! Drying is usually the number one culprit in scratching or swirling your car. I suggest two things to minimize your risk. The first think is to keep a good, high quality wax on the paint. I suggest GuruWax. This wax sheets water very well. After washing, most of the water will simply fall off if you sheet it without a nozzle (see this video for a demo).

The second thing you want to do is to use a blower of some kind (electric leaf blower, shop vac exhaust or compresses air) to blow off most of the water. This should remove 90%+ of the water is the car is waxed with a high quality wax like GuruWax.

Last, go over it with a high quality microfiber drying towel like the GuruFiber 360XL or the GuruFiber Waffle Weave towel. These super soft towels will get your car 100% dry and are ultra plush and soft and will protect from scratches and swirls.

Comments

Popular Posts