Cobra Detail - PO106FF & NXT 2.0

Two new products I have been wanting to try... Menzerna Nano Polish PO106FF and Meguiar's just released NXT 2.0 sealant. We had great weather today so my 99 Cobra was the lucky candidate. It was fully compounded and polished about 10 months ago so the defects were very light. There were some light swirls and some wetsand scratches that we missed from the last detailing session.

I started by washing with Meguiar's Gold Class and a new grout sponge with a grit guard in the bucket. This was the first time I used the grout sponge on a recommendation from Autopia.org users. I was very impressed with it. I can see how this would prevent swirls and marring better than what I was using before (microfiber mit).


On to polishing. Like I said, no major defects on the Cobra, I just wanted to freshen up the paint and get the best gloss possible. I used 106ff with a white Lake Country CCS pad on a rotary. I spread the product in a 2 X 2 area using low rpm (<1,000) then bumped the speed up to 1,600 - 1,800 rpm and broke the polish down to a clear residue. I found nano polish to work GREAT. I was very surprised at the cutting and correcting ability in a polish that finishes down better than anything I've seen. I don't see myself using much of any other polishes after using this gem.

After polishing was complete, I did an IPA wipe down on the whole car to remove the polishing oils and to help the sealant bond to a perfectly clean surface.






I also applied NXT 2.0 to the wheels to test the durability as a wheel sealer.



I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.














I know... I need to repaint the calipers.







Can you tell I love these wheels!?!?





I then decided to drive downtown and take some pictures at the old furniture plants.
















Comments

Anonymous said…
Your Mustang Cobra looks awesome.
Great job on the polishing! I like how wet the paint looks, and can't wait to try the new NXT 2.0.
Anonymous said…
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.
Anonymous said…
Looks good, i sometimes i wish my gto didnt have so much metallic in it. I like that look alot.

Popular Posts